Wednesday, February 20, 2013

{The Grateful Project} Day 8-A clean laundry!


Today, what I am feeling so terribly grateful for, is that I finally cleaned my laundry! 

This is exciting stuff people! But the shameful thing is that it only took me just over an hour to clean, leading me to question myself as to why it took me so damn long to get around to doing it..???

Anyway, it is done now and its ready for its mini-makeover. As soon as I can decide on what exactly I'm going to do with it. 



The dreaded floor....


Oh that's right, we have black and white tiles in our laundry


Underneath all that crap, is a white bench top....


Ah, there it is



Just random crap filling precious cupboard space


Finally, a space to put the washing baskets



I was terrified of what was lurking under the sink....



Now a space for the dog food and a basket for all the vacuum cleaner and steam mop bits and pieces

This is all part of my ongoing endeavour to get organised. It doesn't come naturally to me. I hate mess and chaos, yet am surrounded by it constantly. I get started on a room or an area, and then I get distrac....ooo something shiny!

This time feels different though. I have read pretty much everything there is to read about getting organised, speed cleaning, time management so the know-how is there, I just need to get on with the actual doing of it. 

So inspired by Modern Parents Messy Kids: Project Organise Your Entire Life, I thought I would start with the laundry and, wow does it feel good to walk past that room and see the floor!


Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment