Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lila's Christening Day-Pretty bird Cages


Lila was christened in July last year when she was 6 months old. I actually cant believe to look at her now that she was only a baby last year. Where does the time go!!??

I was so excited to finally have a little girl and be able to plan really girly,  pretty parties! After much searching, I finally found the perfect invitation for her special day at paper posy and from there; the bird cage theme was set.

Normally I like to do my own invitations but because I had Marley’s christening invite professionally designed, I wanted to do the same with Lila’s.


PARTY DETAILS


THEME
Pretty bird cages

VENUE
The local catholic church and our house for the celebration

INVITATIONS


Lila's Christening Invitation by Paper Posy

DECORATIONS
Wire bird cages-some we borrowed and some I already owned. 
Paper bird cages- the most gorgeous little etsy store-Little Retreats  

Little Retreats

Little Retreats

Little Retreats

Little Retreats

White wooden and ceramic birds-Typo and Target
Floral fabric table cloth-Spotlight
Name blocks- I ordered them through a little store on Ebay but can not remember the name or find the details!

CAKE
little house inspired.

I wanted to do something a little different with this cake and use buttercream to decorate for the texture. It didn't  turn out as nicely as I would of hoped but it was still cute. To quote my husband 'Its not  your best work is it?' Men!


CUPCAKES & COOKIES ETC
little house inspired. 
Cupcakes-Vanilla with buttercream coloured posies 


Cookies-sugar birdie cookies with fondant and gel icing decoration

Stay tuned for my next post on Lila's 1st birthday Wizard of Oz party...

Lisa xx


No comments:

Post a Comment